As the school is based on the Multiple Intelligence Theory , a typical day at PGGS is a mix of academic and non academic classes , sports, and also music , dance , art , hobbies , library or computer.
In the junior school , though there is a balanced mix of academic and non acadmic subjects, children do spend more time on subjects such as visual arts, performing arts and sports . In the activity room (Wonderland) children from nursery & KG spend time simulating real life situation – running pursuing profession – or merely playing.
There is also interdisciplinary integration. Children in the junior school may make clay model or paintings of volcanoes when they studying in their science class.
Academic/Curriculum – Integrated, enquiry based, challenging, theme based.
The Pre Primary curriculum at Paul George Global School emphasizes that early childhood education lays the foundation for lifelong learning and whole person development. Each child’s learning interest needs and abilities are taken care of. We provide a diversified learning environment that gives sufficient learning opportunities which facilitate children to develop their multiple intelligences. The holistic development of children can be fostered by means of play, meaningful life experiences as well as sensory, exploratory and other interesting activities.
- Our key areas of focus include:
- Physical development
- Cognitive & Language development
- Affective & Social development
- Aesthetic development
- Numeracy and logic
- Character education, leadership and Team building.
* Circle Time
Circle time is an integral part of the day’s rhythm. It reflects the needs & interests of our children.
- The schedule is as follows
- 1. Hello Song
- 2. Calendar
- 3. Weather
- 4. Story
- 5. Game or Activity
- 6. Song
Children of all ages and abilities contribute to this environment. They may choose to work together or individually. The encouragement of independent activity leads to real independence of mind & action.
- There are four groups of activities:
- 1. Self Care – Dressing activities such as Buttoning, Bow-tying & lacing etc.
- 2. Development of Social Relations – Greeting, serving, accepting, thanking etc.
- 3. Caring for the environment – Cleaning, gardening, sweeping, polishing etc.
- 4. Movement Balancing – Walking on a line etc.
At PGGS children are encouraged towards higher order experiences where appreciation of art and music is encouraged .Movement education develops body awareness, a sense of rhythm, physical and communication skills. Music , art , outdoor play , and free play is a regular & lively component of each day with each child given the opportunity to handle a variety of instrument & toys giving him the freedom to explore new dimensions in the field of learning.
Connecting Minds is an initiative by PGGS for the Parent Community. This is to consciously make them aware of the teaching of ‘concepts’ & dealing with younger minds. This is a regular practice followed once a month by the nursery and kindergarten and is a step towards strengthening the bond between teacher-parent and the child.
Paul George Global School believes that parents are the key determiners of child’s progress. It is a noted fact that when parents actively participate in the education of their children, the child develops a keen interest in learning. PGGS has regular parental interfaces which help promote positive parent/school partnership and communication.
- Director's interview in Hindustan Times Education
- The ‘Flow India’ Program was successfully conducted for Grades Nur ...
- The School had organized their successful Annual Event “ Expressions ...
- A Day Camp, outbound was organized in the school on Saturday 17th Dece ...
- The school campus was lit up with joy and excitement for Christmas Cel ...